A successful book or product launch needs one thing: An Audience
You can have fancy social media, dazzling design and over-the-top content, but if you don’t have an audience, you won’t make the sales.
Successful authors understand the importance of building an audience BEFORE they launch – and keeping their audience active and involved for sustained sales and growth when it comes to their books, products and business.
If you're looking for a New Year resolution, this is it! Start building your audience contact list now.
We're talking about much more than just posting on social media. With algorithms that are constantly changing, you can't rely entirely on social media for keeping in touch with your audience. Recent changes to Facebook and Instagram algorithms resulted in influencers with thousands upon thousands of follows realizing their posts weren't getting seen. A few small technology tweaks and they'd lost access to audiences they'd spent years building up.
The answer is simple - creating and maintaining a contact list for fans and follows that allows you to reach out directly - through email, phone or mail - gives you both control and confidence that you can always reach out whenever you need to.
You already have the tools for creating an audience at your fingertips, you just need to use them. You can use any number of services (free or paid) to keep track of and communicate with your connections such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Infusionsoft, and many others. Once you have this set up, you can grow your audience using:
- Social Media: Ask fans and followers to sign up for your newsletters or opt-in for important updates via email.
- Live Events: Speaking from the stage, networking meetings, holiday celebrations - these are all great opportunities to connect with and invite potential clients or customers to join your list.
- Partnerships: Telesummits, joint ventures, any opportunity to put your heads together to reach more people is golden for growing everyone's list together.
- Current and Past Clients and Customers: Don't forget about the fans you already have. If someone purchased your book or product, invite them to join your VIP list for a backstage pass to current events and future launches.
- Vervante Customer Access: Don't forget about the unique opportunity we offer all Vervante customers: complete access to your customer's contact information for list and audience growth. The best audience member is a loyal, satisfied client and we give you full access to that.
As you plan for 2020 and future book or product launches, prioritizing list growth is one of the best actions you can take right now. And using Vervante for your print and publishing needs will help you accomplish your goals with access to satisfied clients and customers as part of a loyal and active audience.